Frequently Asked Questions
- What does Kids! Management do? We are a management company that assists casting companies with booking children as background extras in movies, television shows, and commercials.
- Are you an agency? No, we are a management company, not an agency. Therefore, we are not SAG signatory either.
- Do I need to enroll with any other service to register with Kids Management? No. You can sign up with our company directly.
- In what locations do Kids Management clients work? 99% of our client bookings are in or around the greater Los Angeles area.
- Do I need experience to join Kids Management? Not at all. We are looking for talent both with experience and those who are new to the business. All you need is energy, reliability, and lots of enthusiasm!
- How much will my child make on a booking? The majority of bookings pay $139 to $323 for the work day.
- What does my child need to be a background extra? More information can be found on our Getting Started page.
- How do I get my child a work permit? Download Work Permit Application and Instructions.
- How do I open a Coogan account for my child? Go to your bank and ask to open a "Coogan account" or a "blocked trust account". Most banks won't open this account until your child has worked his or her first job. You can register with our company and work once before opening this account.
- Who is eligible to sign up with Kids! Management? Any child from two weeks through 17 years old.
- Can I register with Kids! Management if I am 18? No. For clients 18 and older we recommend our sister company, Extras Management. Go to ExtrasManagement.com for additional information.
- How much does it cost? There are no up-front fees required to join Kids Management.
- Do I need to make an appointment, or can I just show up? You cannot just show up for our registration. You must call to make an appointment ahead of time. Appointments are usually made 2 - 3 weeks ahead of time. Please call (661) 244-4621 anytime to schedule an appointment. Your child must have a current entertainment work permit to register with us.
- Can I register through the mail? No. Kids! Management will not enroll your child until you have attended our registration. If you fax or mail us your application, it will be discarded.
What do I bring to registration?
The day of your appointment, you must bring the following:
- The completed KBT application (Client Information Sheet, Check Pick-Up Authorization Form, and Skills and Talent Sheet).
- A copy of your child's work permit. (Do not give us your original work permit as you must keep it.)
- The completed I-9 Form with copies of the appropriate documents.
REMEMBER! Our staff will be reviewing this information the minute that you arrive. Be prepared ahead of time! Make sure that your information is filled out completely before you arrive.
- Where is registration held, and how do I get there? Registration takes place at our offices in Burbank, CA. Our address is 207 S. Flower St., Burbank, CA 91502. We do not give out individual directions. You will need to be self-resourceful and consult your Thomas Brothers Guide (page 563 H1) for directions or Google.
- How long is registration? Registration is about an hour long.
- Does Kids! Management release our information to anyone else? No. All information that you supply is used solely by us and the casting companies that hire you.